Digital marketing a new norm during post COVID: an overview of expectations and reality.
Let’s ride in the wave.
The law of the mind modifies the law of leadership. Being first in the mind is everything in marketing. … Marketing is a battle of perception, not product, so the mind takes precedence over the marketplace as said by Al Ryes and Jack Trout.
As you know that we are well aware of Traditional marketing methods.
Traditional marketing is the conventional mode of marketing that has been used since the beginning of marketing and advertisements. This includes:
- Flyers and billboards by the roads and highways.
- Ads in a related weekly magazine
This is a KitKat ad which is a traditional method of marketing
Now that you are aware of traditional marketing methods which require a huge budget but lack of focus on the Target audience.
Let us understand that Core marketing revolves around four things: product, price, promotion, and place. Tactics and channels change, but these are the concepts everything else revolves around, and they’re principles that never change.
Digital marketing revolves around content.
Today’s marketer knows that content is king. But what does it take to make content that stands out in the crowd? If you want to set yourself apart from the competition, you’ll need to create unique content that catches your audience’s attention and engages them.
65% of marketers struggle in writing engaging content. And if your content is not engaging enough, then you will lose the audience and eventually, potential customers.
Let me share an example for better understanding.
The “Share a Coke” campaign allows every Coca-Cola lover to personalize their drink. Individuals could personalize their own bottle with their name on the Coca-Cola website or look for their name (or a friend’s name) on a bottle at the gas station or supermarket. This campaign soon went viral as consumers began posting pictures online with their personalized drinks.
Hence, we can conclude that marketing is not a battle of products, it’s a battle of perceptions.
Don’t try to create a product which is better for a specific group of people but concentrate on specific problems not solved very well, by others. A specific group of people will perceive your products as well.
What are the various Digital marketing methods?
Digital marketing includes platforms like:
- Social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Business networking sites like LinkedIn.
- Promotional ads via emails.
- Paid pop-ups.
- Clickbait links for viral content
Digital marketing is seen as a new norm.
- You can target a local audience, but also an international one. Further, you can tailor a campaign to specific audience demographics, such as gender, location, age, and interests. This means your campaign will be more effective
An audience can choose how they want to receive your content. While one person likes to read a blog post, another person likes to watch a YouTube video. Traditional marketing doesn’t give the audience a choice. Most people hate receiving sales flyers in their mailbox or phone calls at inconvenient times on stuff that they have little interest in. Online people get the choice to opt-in or out of communications and its relevant because they were the ones searching for it in the first place. Don’t underestimate the power of market segmentation and tailored marketing.
- Interaction with your audience is possible with the use of social media networks. In fact, interaction is encouraged. Traditional marketing methods don’t allow for audience interaction. You can encourage your prospects, clients, and followers to take action, visit your website, read about your products and services, rate them, buy them and provide feedback that is visible to your market.
- Digital marketing is cost-efficient. Though some invest in paid ads online; however, the cost is still cheaper compared to traditional marketing.
- Data and results are easily recorded. With Google Analytics and the insights tools offered by most social media channels, you can check on your campaigns at any time. Unlike traditional marketing methods, you can see in real-time what is or is not working for your business online and you can adapt very quickly to improve your results.
- Level playing field: Any business can compete with any competitor regardless of size with a solid digital marketing strategy. Traditionally a smaller retailer would struggle to match the finesse of the fixtures and fittings of its larger competitors. Online, a crisp well thought out site with a smooth customer journey and fantastic service is king – not size.
- Results: you don’t have to wait for weeks for a boost to your business like you would have to wait for a fax or form to be returned. You can see the number of visitors to your site and its subscribers increase, peak trading times, conversion rates, and much more at the touch of a button.
- Brand Development: A well-maintained website with quality content targeting the needs and adding value to your target audience can provide significant value and lead generation opportunities. The same can be said for utilizing social media channels and personalized email marketing.
- Viral: how often do your sales flyers get passed around instantly by your customers and prospects? Online, using social media share buttons on your website, email and social media channels enables your message to be shared incredibly quickly. If you consider the average Facebook user has 190 friends of which an average of 12% see their liked posts – your one message has actually been seen by 15 new prospects. Now imagine a number of them also like and share your message and their friends do the same? That’s why high-quality content is so important.
How do you drive your customers to your products?
Your content will attract customers to your products and CATT funnel will drive customer traffic. Unbelievable, let me take you further.
Now let’s imagine using content, you can attract a customer to your website.
The same way you have visited my page.
This customer may buy your product or not. Gaining the trust of your customer by showing the result, reviews and turning him/her into a buyer is the challenge in digital marketing.
What is CATT FUNNEL?
Where C-content, A- attention, T- Trust, T-Transaction.This is exactly how you can write an eye catchy content, get attracted, get trust and customer does his transaction. This is also called a sales funnel.
To improve your sales funnel, you must first understand how to dig through all the information to refine your sales funnel for higher conversions. If you are offering free the shopper has to be in “buying mode” to be pursued by the word free. This technique is popular among marketers; However, this method can get a bit tricky because you have to establish yourself as trustworthy. A satisfied customer is more likely to open your future emails and more likely to purchase another product. to increase conversions, the use of security badges can help. Customer reviews are also known for getting you more sales. Encourage them with a cashback and build in relationships through feedbacks.
Now that you start getting customers you can maximize your marketing using integrated marketing.
Companies need to have an integrated digital marketing campaign to maximize their potential for marketing efforts and reaching out to more customers.
As much as 72% of customers do want to connect with brands using integrated digital marketing strategies as per previous studies.
An Integrated and multi-channel a digit marketing strategy can weave wonders for your online presence and the future of your business.
The use of integrated digital marketing has gone up by 137%.
An illustration of integrated Digital Marketing
There is always a connection you can build among your customers; this is best explained in integrated digital marketing. This is a network wherein a visitor of your website turns into a customer and finally builds in trust and becomes a buyer.
How can this happen?
Let me explain, customers are attracted to content on your website and their email id is captured, content is pumped to their mail id consistently and trust is gained, then they turn into buyers. Through SEO, Social Media, paid to advertise, constant traffic is driven to this site which can lead to conversions.
Lets now learn the best way to build trust among customers, the answer is through Personal Branding.
Your brand is what other people say about you when you’re not in the room.
Jeff Bezos, Amazon
It starts with learning, working, blogging about it, providing consultations on it, mentor, and finally do a startup.
Hold on learning never stops ok, it is again entering into the next level of experience and reenters into the cycle.
To grow as a personal ambassador the mass trust blueprint helps.
Remember, personal branding is all about becoming and being seen as the best version of yourself
Personal Branding is the art of creating a comfortable niche for yourself through hybrid marketing strategies. It’s an act of organically creating a pool of content that you specialize in, a niche for yourself that has no competitors.
After learning about the reality of Digital marketing, I am sure that clarity has dawned on you, how you can achieve your goals sitting right in your home. Hence nothing is impossible.
Start writing content and sow your seed right now, the soil is fertile dear.